The Thermal Analysis Service obtains approval of its Quality Commitment Charter
The Thermal Analysis Service has just had its Quality Commitment Charter (CCC) approved by the Spanish National Research Council (Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas). These charters are aimed at adopting commitments to excellence in the provision of the services offered, seeking the efficiency of its resources and the satisfaction of its clients.
The Thermal Analysis service offers a set of complementary techniques that make it possible to analyse the thermal behaviour of different materials by studying the changes produced in some property of the material as a function of temperature, either in a heating and/or cooling regime or in an isothermal regime, measured under controlled atmosphere conditions.
Specifically, these techniques make it possible to:
– Analyse the thermal stability of materials.
– Study the decomposition, depolymerisation and oxidation of materials.
– Determine the moisture and volatile content.
– Analyse the purity of materials.
– Determine phase transitions, glass transition temperature, melting temperature, crystallisation, curing and curing kinetics.
– Determine enthalpies of fusion and crystallisation.
– Study crystalline polymorphism and liquid crystal phases.
– Determine enthalpies of polymerisation.
– Calculate heat capacities.
– Measure the thermal conductivity of powders, liquids, polymers, foams, ceramics and metals.
The Thermal Analysis Service is part of the Scientific-Technical Services Unit of the Chemistry and Materials Centre of Aragon (CEQMA), a joint centre of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) and the University of Zaragoza. This Scientific-Technical Services Unit has a total of seven services, equipped with the most advanced scientific instrumentation, analysis, measurement and testing equipment, and whose mission is to provide advice and services to public and private organisations that request them.