“Cápsulas de nanotecnología” is an audiovisual content project, promoted by the Cátedra Samca de Nanotecnología, of the University of Zaragoza, for the dissemination and promotion of research in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
This project has been funded by the Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) – Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad y la Cátedra SAMCA de Nanotecnología, of the Universidad de Zaragoza, whose director is Jesús Santamaría Ramiro.
The project consists of ten episodes in videopodcast format of approximately four to five minutes in length.
The videos are produced in two versions, one in Spanish and the other in English, so that they can be broadcast to a wider international audience. The themes rigorously selected for the project are as follows:
– “Smart Fabrics”: nanotechnological research applied to functional fabrics.
– “The Electronic Nose”: nanotechnology applied to security.
– “Smart Surfaces”: nanotechnology applied to functional coatings.
– Nanomedicine and Nanotherapy. Applications in orthopaedic surgery and cancer treatments.
– “Nanodiagnosis”, applications of nanotechnology for diagnosis.
– Carbon nanotubes and other carbonaceous materials.
All the material generated by this project is available on the website: http://capsulasdenanotecnologia.es/.